I am Ben T. Smith, IV and I am the author of this blog. I split my time between Alabama and Silicon Valley. I am an Advisor to, investor in, and founder of technology and media companies, but mostly a dad.
Top Posts & Pages
- It's called Fishing Not Catching
- About Ben T. Smith, IV
- peHUB » Will Startup Jumpers Hit It Big? Silicon Valley’s Latest Debate Is Portfolio vs Persistence
- Why Brick & Mortar Retailers Will Live Forever
- Victor Belfor, Ben Smith: Backing A College Dropout Might Be Your Smartest Investment Strategy
- Retail is not dying… just transforming.
- RT @justbobchico: Innovate North State Tech Company of the Year @WanderfulMedia http://t.co/L0ktsuGmVn 12 hours ago
- RT @mp3michael: The FDA has so much time and money they can harass DNA testers like @23andMe. 13 hours ago
- RT @turkeymonkey: The Next Wave in Shopper Marketing: Micro-Location in the Retail Space by @nxfxcom clickz.com/2316449 via @clickz 13 hours ago
- RT @gsterling: Find & Save’s Multi-Platform Approach Finally Realizes the Promise of ShopLocal screenwerk.com/2013/12/03/fin… 21 hours ago
- "However this may well be the best overall shopping app/experience online — period." FindnSave analyst review screenwerk.com/2013/12/03/fin…. 21 hours ago
Stuff I post aboutA.T.Kearney advertising alabama amazon Associated Press Behavior Ben T Smith IV blog boom time borland Brick and mortar business business metrics Carnegie Mellon CEO CodeGear Consumer davin deal and no deal deals Discovery shopping Disney east coast ecommerce facebook find&save Find n Save Fired Fishing funding game show network google GSD harsh realities hot startups internet startups investment Lee Enterprises local maples Mass media McClatchy Company MediaNews Group merchantcircle Mergers mobile Mobile Devices Newspaper newspaper ads newspapers oliver muoto Online advertising Online Shopping plaxo relationships Retail Retailers Risk rustic canyon shopping silicon valley Smartphone social-media Spoke Software Startups tablet technology venture capitalists venture firm video Wanderful Media Washington Post web entreprenuer Yahoo zibibbo