Top Posts & Pages
- Retail is not dying… just transforming.
- Six Ways to Show Appreciation to Your Employees
- The Dumb Things We Say in the Startup World
- peHUB » Doug Kilponen, Ben Smith: First They Ignore You, Then They Want To Buy You: Managing The Startup-Big Company Relationship
- About Ben T. Smith, IV
- Ben Smith, Mark Boslet: Career Building Like A Startup: Thoughts On Reid Hoffman’s "The Start-up of You"
- RT @fredthompson: Kiefer Sutherland's anti-terrorist TV series "24" will return to Fox this season. In the opening episode, Jack Bauer gets… 11 hours ago
- "..magic of Silicon Valley is not in fostering risk-taking, but instead in making it safe to work on risky things" inc.com/philip-rosedal… 1 day ago
- RT @WanderfulMedia: So You Want to be a Media Mogul: Lessons From Econtent Entreprenuers: ow.ly/l24Mc via @econtentmag ft. @bent… 3 days ago
- RT @dgwynn: Leaving the @WanderfulMedia #chico office via the Kodiak http://t.co/4Oy286RSIx 3 days ago
- RT @NAACEO: #DOJ seizure of #AP phone records shocks the American conscience and violates freedom of the press. naa.org/News-and-Media… via … 3 days ago
Stuff I post aboutA.T.Kearney advertising alabama Ben T Smith IV borland business davin deal and no deal deals Discovery shopping Disney ecommerce facebook Find n Save game show network google GSD internet startups investment Lee Enterprises local maples McClatchy Company merchantcircle Mergers mobile Newspaper newspapers Online advertising Online Shopping relationships Retail Retailers Risk shopping silicon valley social-media Spoke Software Startups tablet technology venture capitalists video Wanderful Media web entreprenuer
Tag Archives: investment
If you think about it, every year takes on a character, or theme, of its own depending upon goals we’ve set, decisions we’ve made and unplanned events that take place along the way. 2011 was driven by a few great … Continue reading
I have been involved in ShopCo Holdings just about two months now as the Chief Executive Officer. I figured it is about time I start sharing a bit about it. ShopCo Holdings is a company backed by 12 large US Media companies … Continue reading
I recently invested in two companies whose founders either had little interest in school as students or who dropped out of grad school: MixRank and Influitive. Both management teams are driven, hard working and well prepared for the difficult road … Continue reading
After seeing where I put my blog content change, I have decided to start posting my blog content to my own blog. This should be an interesting process.
With all their resources and talent, why do big companies have trouble innovating? How can a Blekko exist when there is a Google? Or a Tapulous when there is an Electronic Arts? Even more puzzling, why couldn’t Yahoo create Facebook … Continue reading
How to Blow Up an Ecosystem (and Prosper Within One) Are you a part of an ecosystem or do you plan to destroy one? You must decide before plotting a path to success During the four years we spent building … Continue reading
Internet startups have been getting cheaper to build for 10 years. So why is it more important than ever not to run out of cash? We built MerchantCircle into one of the 100 most trafficked U.S. sites and I honestly … Continue reading