Top Posts & Pages
- Six Ways to Show Appreciation to Your Employees
- Retail is not dying… just transforming.
- It's called Fishing Not Catching
- The Dumb Things We Say in the Startup World
- Ben Smith, Mark Boslet: Career Building Like A Startup: Thoughts On Reid Hoffman’s "The Start-up of You"
- peHUB » Doug Kilponen, Ben Smith: First They Ignore You, Then They Want To Buy You: Managing The Startup-Big Company Relationship
- Take Two! The Find&Save Experience Just Got More Personal & Social
- Smartphones & Tablets, Reshaping The Overall Shopping Experience!
- About Ben T. Smith, IV
- RT @fredthompson: Kiefer Sutherland's anti-terrorist TV series "24" will return to Fox this season. In the opening episode, Jack Bauer gets… 9 hours ago
- "..magic of Silicon Valley is not in fostering risk-taking, but instead in making it safe to work on risky things" inc.com/philip-rosedal… 1 day ago
- RT @WanderfulMedia: So You Want to be a Media Mogul: Lessons From Econtent Entreprenuers: ow.ly/l24Mc via @econtentmag ft. @bent… 3 days ago
- RT @dgwynn: Leaving the @WanderfulMedia #chico office via the Kodiak http://t.co/4Oy286RSIx 3 days ago
- RT @NAACEO: #DOJ seizure of #AP phone records shocks the American conscience and violates freedom of the press. naa.org/News-and-Media… via … 3 days ago
Stuff I post aboutA.T.Kearney advertising alabama Ben T Smith IV borland business davin deal and no deal deals Discovery shopping Disney ecommerce facebook Find n Save game show network google GSD internet startups investment Lee Enterprises local maples McClatchy Company merchantcircle Mergers mobile Newspaper newspapers Online advertising Online Shopping relationships Retail Retailers Risk shopping silicon valley social-media Spoke Software Startups tablet technology venture capitalists video Wanderful Media web entreprenuer
Tag Archives: merchantcircle
I recently wrote this post with Doug Kilponen, COO at Wanderful Media. Having worked together on two different startups over the course of several years, it has become clear to us that loyalty is the secret ingredient for success. The media … Continue reading
I am proud to announce that Wanderful Media has recently added two Silicon Valley veterans to our growing management team. We have appointed Steve Trefethen as chief technology officer and Grace Chan will serve as our vice president of product management. Steve Trefethen … Continue reading
Mark Zuckerberg famously commented that a great engineer is worth a 100 average engineers (something every developer knows deep in her heart). He was talking about A-players, and in our opinion the worst thing any startup can do is accept … Continue reading
This piece by Devore is fascinating and correct. Having looked at buying the Judy’s Book asset twice, I think they really were a great team with a solid execution, and it still did not work. The fundamental issues of high cost to acquire customers, high customer churn, low monthly … Continue reading
Getting Shit Done The key to success in business is execution, whether you run a sprawling multinational or a 12-person startup. So measuring how your company stacks up against the best and brightest in your space is crucial. If you … Continue reading
After seeing where I put my blog content change, I have decided to start posting my blog content to my own blog. This should be an interesting process.
peHUB » Doug Kilponen, Ben Smith: First They Ignore You, Then They Want To Buy You: Managing The Startup-Big Company Relationship
Every entrepreneur has met them. Big company executives with big company swagger. They ignore you. They dismiss the business problem you spent your life solving. They think they can crush you. Then the tables turn. They push for strategic relationships. … Continue reading