Top Posts & Pages
- Same Page from Go
- About Ben T. Smith, IV
- It’s a Wanderful time to be in the news!
- MerchantCircle Acquired by Reply!
- The Deal is Done. MerchantCirlce is now part of Reply!Media.
- peHUB » Ben Smith: Silicon Valley Is A Multi-Inning Game, Relationships Are How You Play
- Missed Deals
- Getting MerchantCircle Started: It starts with an Idea
- It's called Fishing Not Catching
- A nice book by Tracey Kidder
- RT @nrmehta: OH @GainsightHQ: "Conference rooms are for closers." 1 day ago
- Something abt not having to hide my phone when the flight att walks by that makes me just feel better about myself http://t.co/M3AGs1Z2xt 2 days ago
- RT @_KatherineWebb: Going to NY!!! @10AJMcCarron #Heisman 2 days ago
- RT @DeeDeeBonner: Very very proud! NYC BOUND @10AJMcCarron #Heismandeserving 2 days ago
- RT @LocalOnliner: RT @Localonliner Merchant Circle ‘Relaunches’ as Directory-Centric Site localonliner.com/?p=6199 2 days ago
Stuff I post aboutA.T.Kearney advertising alabama amazon Associated Press Behavior Ben T Smith IV blog boom time borland Brick and mortar business business metrics Carnegie Mellon CEO CodeGear Consumer davin deal and no deal deals Discovery shopping Disney east coast ecommerce facebook find&save Find n Save Fired Fishing funding game show network google GSD harsh realities hot startups internet startups investment Lee Enterprises local maples Mass media McClatchy Company MediaNews Group merchantcircle Mergers mobile Mobile Devices Newspaper newspaper ads newspapers oliver muoto Online advertising Online Shopping plaxo relationships Retail Retailers Risk rustic canyon shopping silicon valley Smartphone social-media Spoke Software Startups tablet technology venture capitalists venture firm video Wanderful Media Washington Post web entreprenuer Yahoo zibibbo
Tag Archives: relationships
I recently co-authored an article, “The Dumb Things We Say in the Startup World” with Mark Menell, a former partner at Rustic Canyon and the past COO & CFO of ShopRunner. Having worked together on several ventures, Mark and I … Continue reading
In the spirit of National Employee Appreciation Day, I’d like to share this article about some of the ways I show appreciation to employees. Over my years of managing people and teams, I’ve learned that when you show people appreciation, you get back … Continue reading
For all the critics from the sidelines of any game, politics, business, investing, startups, parenting, charity, and even football. Some people are hitting Groupon now. “It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the … Continue reading
Can you name America’s largest startup? It’s not Facebook or Amazon or even Home Depot. It isn’t even a technology company. This little known giant is the Transportation Security Administration and its massive scale up offers a roadmap for entrepreneurs … Continue reading
When gambling on high-risk startups, the more bets you place the better, right? Maybe not. There is an unspoken discussion going on in Silicon Valley now about the value of “Portfolio” versus “Persistence,” especially among people who have never started … Continue reading
I heard two things recently. “Silicon Valley is a multi-inning game, relationships matter.“ And. “I am all business, I don’t care about relationships.” The first statement came from a seasoned venture capitalist with 20 years of experience. His point is … Continue reading